Hi Fellow Students again
Well I've been there and discovered there are Cheesecakes on the moon.
I signed up for this trip only after deciding I needed to so I could say I have been through all the Discovery exercises in our e-journeys part of the course - increase my flying time. Seriously I went through the navigational motions of creating a Delicious account and the first bookmark I imported into my saved URLs list is this http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/rip_delicious_you_were_so_beautiful_to_me.php.
I found the article in my Google Reader only yesterday after subscribing to RSS feeds from the readwritewebjunction. I like to know how these things get started and what expectation it is reasonable to have of a new (to me) technology. It was timely looking at my feeds before I got to the Delicious tasks, so reader, I do recommend you to look at this article to get a more universal view of how Delicious itself travelled as a Web2.0 technology.
On a subjective note I didn't find Delicious intuitive to use at first. Not sure if this means I have no intuition or if the site itself is a bit clumsy. But the journey was worth it and I'm being positive that more journeys will see it get, in my opinion, more user friendly. I do have some premonition that with perserverance this application could be useful.
I like the idea of organising my own 'filing cabinet' or URLs under Bundles and Tags, and I can agree with the thought
"Many users find that the real power of Delicious is in the social network aspect, which allows you to see how other users have tagged similar links and also discover other websites that may be of interest to you. You can think of it as peering into another user's filing cabinet, but with this powerful bookmarking tool each user's filing cabinet helps to build an expansive knowledge network." http://elearning.sharedservices.tas.edu.au/webct/ContentPageServerServlet/003flickr.html, viewed 4th May, 2012.
So all my filing cabinet has in it at the moment is as I said is the link to article from readwriteweb, and this is under the 'tag' Creative Pursuits. Another URL link that popped in under this tag (I've got two URLs in my list now and I might add I did not hit the share button, so it's an alien as far as I'm concerned) is one on Cheesecakes. I don't know how it got there and I will be investigating.
The mind boggles. Do you think if we looked into everyone's filing cabinest we would find bits of stale (or fresh) cheesecakes? Sounds like the food hoarding days at boarding school.
Well have a Delicious time everyone.
I'm going to make my Creative Pursuits tag a 'bundle' and then organise the bundle into different tags. I want the cheesecake to be put where it really belongs.
JoBlogs
No comments:
Post a Comment